Originally published 03/21/2017
It's paranoid politics – just like Richard Hofstadter described a half century ago.
Originally published 03/16/2017
Does he know it?
Originally published 07/21/2016
The GOP congressman says Western civilization is better and Westerners shouldn't apologize for that.
Originally published 11/12/2013
Henry Tandey could have killed a wounded Hitler in World War I. But he didn't.
Originally published 04/15/2017
Why do the people of northwestern Iowa keep electing Steve King to Congress? It’s not because he does anything useful there. Since he was elected to Congress in 2003, he has sponsored over 100 bills and not one of them even got out of committee, even though Republicans controlled the House for most of those years. He was named the least effective member of Congress in 2015 by non-partisan InsideGov.
- The Daily Mail is highlighting claims by a Cambridge don that teachers are helping to foster resentment by presenting history as the struggle of minority groups
- Historians Are Calling Out Trump Online Whenever He Misreads the Past
- Linda Gordon’s new book captures how white supremacy has long been part of our political mainstream
- Yale Civil Rights history course is a "call to action" and a chance "to be woke”
- Gil Troy back’s Trump decision on Jerusalem