Originally published 07/19/2016
On Gun Registration, the NRA , Adolf Hitler, and Nazi Gun Laws: Exploding the Gun Culture Wars (A Call to Historians)
Bernard E. Harcourt
In much of the literature and argument, the references to Hitler and Nazi gun laws are often dressed in Second Amendment rhetoric.
Originally published 07/12/2016
Today, guns draw political authority not only from foundational views of the Second Amendment but also from the narrative of their timelessly central place in history.
- 50 Years Later, It Feels Familiar: How America Fractured in 1968
- Hawaii False Alarm Hints at Thin Line Between Mishap and Nuclear War
- Ohio Teacher Put on Leave After Lynching Remark to Black Student
- One year in, Donald Trump has redefined the presidency
- In Trump’s Immigration Remarks, Echoes of a Century-Old Racial Ranking
- Sports Historian Explains Why She Wrote that the NCAA is the Modern Jim Crow
- Ibram X. Kendi says "The Heartbeat of Racism Is Denial”
- Historians Call Trump’s ‘Sh*thole’ Comment "The Most Openly Racist by a President in Decades"
- Bruce Cole, renaissance scholar who led National Endowment for the Humanities, dies at 79
- New book lays out for the first time the full story of Cuba's Cuban Missile Crisis