Originally published 07/19/2016
On Gun Registration, the NRA , Adolf Hitler, and Nazi Gun Laws: Exploding the Gun Culture Wars (A Call to Historians)
Bernard E. Harcourt
In much of the literature and argument, the references to Hitler and Nazi gun laws are often dressed in Second Amendment rhetoric.
Originally published 07/12/2016
Today, guns draw political authority not only from foundational views of the Second Amendment but also from the narrative of their timelessly central place in history.
- Steve Bannon Vows ‘War’ on His Own Party. It Didn’t Work So Well for F.D.R.
- Tom Hanks: 'If you're concerned about what's going on today, read history'
- 9.7-million-year-old teeth discovery in Germany could re-write human history
- Charleston's International African American Museum's big plans
- What’s inside the secret JFK assassination files?
- Presidential historian Michael Beschloss explains the significance of yesterday’s Bush-Obama attack on Trump
- Russian minister keeps doctorate despite plagiarism claims
- Thomas Childers says we’ve got the Nazis wrong in 5 different ways
- National security expert Tom Nichols: “Hey, I’m unstable” is a bad look for the president
- Fake news? It’s nothing new, says Trinity College Dublin historian