Originally published 09/25/2017
Nancy Isenberg says what Americans think is exceptional about them is that they erased class distinctions
Of course, it’s a myth.
Originally published 07/14/2016
A well-timed book about the monsters that middle-class America tried to repress.
Originally published 07/06/2016
In an interview she says class is often overlooked because Americans prefer myth to reality.
- The original Watergate lock that burglars picked open is going to auction
- Trump, Mueller And The Ancient History Of Grants Of Immunity
- Documents show Gorbachev was assured US wouldn't expand NATO into Central and Eastern Europe
- Memorial to honor 4,000 victims of lynching to be built in Montgomery, Alabama
- Study: Inequality is a phenomenon of the past 10,000 years
- Linda Gordon’s new book captures how white supremacy has long been part of our political mainstream
- Yale Civil Rights history course is a "call to action" and a chance "to be woke”
- Gil Troy back’s Trump decision on Jerusalem
- College Board revises AP European history test in response to criticism by conservatives
- AHA says it’s feasible to stop the proposed tax on grad student tuition waivers