Originally published 06/30/2015
Marriage has evolved (much more recently than most people imagine) to become a relationship between equals, thus there is no justification to exclude same-gender couples from the marital bond.
Originally published 05/14/2015
Historian Alan Singer says he’s not qualified to be on the Supreme Court and neither are Roberts, Scalia, Alito or Thomas
That’s because he’s an activist and so are they.
Originally published 06/26/2013
Dana Milbank is a columnist for the Washington Post.The Roberts court chose a most cynical way to celebrate this summer’s 50th anniversary of Martin Luther King Jr.’s March on Washington.On Tuesday, the Supreme Court’s penultimate day in session before the Aug. 28 semi-centenary of King’s “I Have a Dream” speech, the court’s conservative majority announced a 5 to 4 ruling that guts one of King’s greatest triumphs, the Voting Rights Act of 1965. (The Roberts court weakened another of King’s triumphs, the Civil Rights Act of 1964, in a pair of 5-to-4 rulings on Monday.)
Originally published 01/29/2013
"The key issues I want to address in this article are the constitutional principles Mr. LaPierre is so intent on defending."
- Scientists Hope to Learn How Pompeians Lived, Before the Big Day
- Watch Robert Kennedy Push Gun Control In Same Town As Recent Mass Shooting
- October is LGBT History Month
- Textbook publisher apologizes for passage referring to slavery as immigration
- Finally some good news for history grads
- Historians issue statement in support of European migrants
- Intellectual historians to gather in October
- Yuri N. Afanasyev, Historian Who Repudiated Communism, Dies at 81