Ulysses S Grant
Originally published 11/17/2017
Mississippi State University will launch the new library and exhibit space housing Grant's papers and artifacts on Nov. 30.
Originally published 10/20/2017
Chernow has now provided us with a compelling explanation of why Grant was indeed the first soldier of the Civil War, though there’s always the matter of the sacrifice of all those lives lost in battle.
Originally published 06/13/2016
David Petraeus says of all the people profiled in obits in the NYT he’d want to have dinner with U.S. Grant
"In my view, Grant stands alone among American military leaders as hugely impressive at all three levels of war:"
- Robert Dallek: “The fish rots from the head”
- It’s Been 3 Decades Since There Were So Few Jobs for History Ph.D.s
- Former Berkeley Chancellor Nicholas Dirks returns to campus as a member of the history department
- Conservatives attack Garry Wills’s book on the Quran
- The Scholars Behind the Quest for Reparations