Originally published 09/02/2016
Minorities try to show Yale freshmen what it's like to have a residential college named after John C. Calhoun
They taped Osama bin Laden's name over the name of the college.
Originally published 05/18/2016
“A convenient way to sidestep history.”
Originally published 05/02/2016
Glenda Elizabeth Gilmore
"The decision to name residential colleges for Benjamin Franklin and Anna Pauline Murray, a black civil rights activist, does nothing to redeem this wrong."
Originally published 04/29/2016
At a boisterous town hall Yale president Peter Salovey faced hundreds of angry students.
- Sources: McMaster Mocked Trump’s Intelligence at a Private Dinner
- The JFK assassination files lead back to Seattle
- Princeton investigates its connection to slavery at a two-day symposium
- Rare Documents Show a Palm Reader's Take on Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt
- A Photo of Billy the Kid Bought for $10 at a Flea Market May Be Worth Millions
- Historian Says Textbooks Have Shaped Our Attitudes On Race
- Heather Ann Thompson says what went on at Attica is worse than we thought
- Princeton’s Jan T. Gross warns that Poland’s showing signs of turning decisively in a fascist direction
- Gar Alperovitz is still pushing to make America more democratic
- Robert Dallek: “The fish rots from the head”