Jacques A. Pluss, 65, was charged with a felony count of second-degree arson when he was arrested this month.
by Jeff Kleiman
It’s because if you want to understand Charlottesville, it helps to understand our history of hatred.
SOURCE: The Los Angeles Times
The Assembly passed a resolution 41 to 5 to denounce comments by the president that seemed to equate white supremacists and neo-Nazis with the protesters demonstrating against them.
SOURCE: The Hill
A majority of Americans, 83 percent, said holding neo-Nazi views is unacceptable, the poll found.
by Ed Simon
Once again Donald Trump caters to the white racists who helped elect him.
SOURCE: Inside Higher ED
Many students initially assumed that someone in their library or residence hall had printed the flier. But as the day went on, more campuses reported the same flier on their printers.
- Poland’s forgotten civil strife and the struggle for Jewish statehood
- Socialists were winning U.S. elections long before Bernie Sanders and AOC
- The House just passed a bill to create a women’s history museum. Only one congresswoman voted against it.
- For hundreds of years, enslaved people were bought and sold in America. Today most of the sites of this trade are forgotten.
- 2 New Books Examine the the History of Black Travel
- AHA Publishes 2020 Jobs Report
- Yuval Noah Harari's History of Everyone, Ever
- Historian Manisha Sinha Discussed Trump's Acquittal on 2 Episodes of Democracy Now
- Longtime University of Iowa Jeff Cox, 72, championed candidates and his kids
- "No Boy Scout": William Rust Publishes Article on CIA Operations Officer Lucien Conein