SOURCE: Pacific Standard
by David M. Perry
A major study led by a lifelong Republican finds no evidence that professors are deliberately giving conservative students bad grades.
SOURCE: Philadelphia Inquirer
by Anita Bernstein
Our freedom to say what we want is not only tolerated but celebrated.
SOURCE: Chronicle of Higher Education
by Sam Fallon
When academic self-regard becomes an intellectual style.
SOURCE: The Chronicle of Higher Education
by Cal Newport
It used to simplify crucial tasks. Now it's strangling scholars' ability to think.
- 1619 Project: New York Times Magazine Publishes Special Edition Dedicated to American Slavery and Its Legacies
- National Security Archive Releases New Briefing Book on Chernobyl through the Eyes of the Soviet Politburo, KGB, and U.S. Intelligence
- Before Trump eyed Greenland: Here’s what happened last time the US bought a large chunk of the Arctic
- Illinois Governor Signs Bill Mandating Public Schools Teach LGBTQ History
- Controversial Monument to Women’s Suffrage Redesigned to Include Sojourner Truth
- Historian Elizabeth Hinton Profiled in Harvard Magazine: Color and Incarceration
- 'Clearly, he did not take part in our curriculum': Historians bash Ken Cuccinelli's revised Statue of Liberty Poem
- The Increasing Popularity of Hotel Historians
- If You Call It History, You’ve Got to Do History’: Historians Chafe at a Video That Omitted Their University’s Whites-Only Origins
- Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum gets grants to help publish Abraham Lincoln papers