Jan Tomasz Gross
Originally published 07/11/2016
Princeton’s Jan Tomasz Gross's controversial research into Polish complicity in the Holocaust is again in the news
It comes on the 75th anniversary of the massacre of hundreds of Jews in Jedwabne, which he exposed.
Originally published 02/15/2016
Academics have rallied to the defense of one of the world’s leading Holocaust historians after reports that Poland intends to strip him of a national honor because he claimed that Poles were complicit in Nazi war crimes.
- As colleges investigate slavery ties, George Washington University joins in
- Before the Bus, Rosa Parks Was a Sexual Assault Investigator
- Egypt discovers 3,500-year-old tombs in ancient city of Luxor
- Abolition Day Kicks Off Year-Long Campaign to Commemorate Frederick Douglass in North Carolina
- Memoirs of an Emperor: Hirohito’s Account of World War II Sells for $275,000
- The Penn TA who said she calls on black women first won’t be teaching next semester
- Black South African scholars urged to correct white historians’ distortion
- At Columbia, Three Women, 30 Years and a Pattern of Harassment
- Pakistani Historian Mobarak Haidar says Muslims “have no religious basis to rule Jerusalem”
- AHA Announces Last-Minute Sessions Timed to News Events