Originally published 03/24/2016
Historian Pamela D. Toler provides historical context for the PBS series in her new book "Heroines of Mercy Street: The Real Nurses of the Civil War."
Originally published 01/21/2016
Filmmaker and executive producer Lisa Wolfing explains what it was like to create a show for PBS about the nurses and doctors who served at a Union hospital during the Civil War.
Originally published 01/20/2016
Kevin M. Levin
It’s the Civil War as the people who lived through it experienced it. And it’s superb.
- Turnover In Trump's White House Is 'Record-Setting,' And It Isn't Even Close
- The History Of Government Shutdowns In The U.S.
- Unhealthiest presidents in U.S. history
- ‘Make it right’: Descendants of slaves demand restitution from Georgetown
- See How Trump's Approval Rating Stacks Up Against Other Presidents After One Year
- Barbara and Karen Fields discuss their new book, "Racecraft"
- What’s Antifa all about? Mark Bray explains.
- Historian Keisha N. Blain tells the story of black nationalist women in her new book
- War or Peace for North Korea: A call for Action by Historians for Peace and Democracy
- George Will goes after liberal historian David Goldfield