Originally published 02/02/2016
Matthew C. Hulbert
The takeover of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge triggered unpleasant memories of guerrilla warfare from our past.
Originally published 01/29/2016
Thomas A. Reinstein
Historically, militias were a tool of the state, not a force formed in opposition to the state.
Originally published 01/12/2016
What Ammon Bundy doesn’t get about U.S. history.
- Karen L. Cox says historians shouldn’t be afraid to embrace YouTube to reach millennials
- You Know Your History? These Podcasts Aren’t So Sure.
- Victor Davis Hanson says Trump Must "Retire as Twitter Champ”
- The Daily Mail is highlighting claims by a Cambridge don that teachers are helping to foster resentment by presenting history as the struggle of minority groups
- Historians Are Calling Out Trump Online Whenever He Misreads the Past