Originally published 07/28/2017
A 1963 protest placard in the Smithsonian collections could almost be mistaken for any of the Black Lives Matter marches of today.
Originally published 07/11/2016
'Black Lives Matter' painted on UT Confederate memorial after Alton Sterling, Philando Castile shootings
The message was scrawled across the George Littlefield Fountain, a prominent memorial that anchors the school's South Mall.
- How Does Trump Stack Up Against the Best — and Worst — Presidents?
- Russia Isn’t the Only One Meddling in Elections. We Do It, Too.
- S.C. museum seeking $350,000 to display Statehouse Confederate flags
- Savannah Approves Changes to Confederate Monument From 1875
- Law Professor Eric Posner Proposes Bringing Back Indentured Servitude
- Was This Technology historian plagiarized? Sure seems like she was.
- Meet the new authorized historian of Britain's communications intelligence agency
- Lerone Bennett Jr., journalist and historian of African American life, dies at 89
- What departments of history are doing about lower enrollments