SOURCE: The Nation
Political scientist Stephen Skowronek talks about how his theory of the cycles of presidential history explains the campaign’s shocking results
One clear lesson: "the Reagan era is not over.”
SOURCE: The Hedgehog Review
by Johann N. Neem
Like today, many political leaders in the 1850s were surprised by the Know-Nothings’ success.
by John Dickson
The shameful ignorance on display in this presidential election – by the people running for high office.
- Merrittocracy with Keri Leigh Merritt: Kevin Kruse on the 2020 Election
- Radical Protests Propelled the Suffrage Movement. Here’s How a New Museum Captures That History
- Not Every U.S. Presidential Race Has Been Decided on Election Day. Here’s What to Know About America’s History of Contested Elections
- Control, Alter, Delete:Hong Kong Activists and Academics are Hurrying to Digitize Historical Records
- Voter Fraud, Suppression and Partisanship: A Look at the 1876 Election