by Philip Ball
We use neat stories to explain everything from sports matches to symphonies. Is it time to leave the nursery of the mind?
Video of the Week: Empathy, Neurochemistry, and the Dramatic Arc: Paul Zak at the Future of StoryTelling 2012
by Paul Zak
Neuroscientist Paul Zak explains how the human brain responds to effective storytelling.
- The Deficit Hawks That Make Moderate Democrats Cower
- The Muddled History of Anti-Asian Violence
- Massive Investment in Social Studies and Civics Education Proposed to Address Eroding Trust in Democratic Institutions
- Lightning Strikes Twice: Another Lost Jacob Lawrence Surfaces
- Former Procter and Gamble CEO: America and the World Need History Majors
- Part of Being a Domestic Goddess in 17th-Century Europe Was Making Medicines
- How Dr. Seuss Responded to Critics Who Called Out His Racism
- Discovery Of Schoolhouse For Black Children Now Offers A History Lesson
- People Longing for Movie Theaters During the 1918 Flu Pandemic Feels Very Familiar in 2021
- How Did "Bipartisanship" Become a Goal In Itself? (Podcast)