Originally published 12/15/2015
Review of Eric Rauchway’s “The Money Makers: How Roosevelt and Keynes Ended the Depression, Defeated Fascism, and Secured a Prosperous Peace”
Robert Brent Toplin
Eric Rauchway’s prodigious labor in the archives reveals the backstory for important actions in the Roosevelt years.
Originally published 10/27/2015
They claimed his views on monetary policy evolved. A close study of the record shows he always wanted to use the dollar to undermine fascism.
- The Daily Mail is highlighting claims by a Cambridge don that teachers are helping to foster resentment by presenting history as the struggle of minority groups
- Historians Are Calling Out Trump Online Whenever He Misreads the Past
- Linda Gordon’s new book captures how white supremacy has long been part of our political mainstream
- Yale Civil Rights history course is a "call to action" and a chance "to be woke”
- Gil Troy back’s Trump decision on Jerusalem