Eugene Debs: In a Just World, Every Day is Labor Day
Read Debs's 1903 Labor Day Address in its entirety.
SOURCE: New York Times
We’ve Been Looking in the Wrong Places to Understand Sanders’s Socialism
by Richard White
Detractors like to equate Senator Bernie Sanders’s socialism with Soviet and Chinese Communism, but they’re swinging at the wrong century, the wrong country and the wrong socialism.
SOURCE: NY Times
The Enduring Power of Anticapitalism in American Politics
by Jamelle Bouie
From Debs to Sanders to Ocasio-Cortez, an ideal persists.
Almost a Century Ago, Another Democratic Socialist Ran for President of the United States—
by Lawrence S. Wittner
It was from his prison cell.
The Presidential Candidate Everybody Compares Bernie Sanders with
by Wallace Hettle
Here’s how it’s fair (and how it’s not).
- Jeremi Suri: Texas Higher Ed Conflict "Doesn't Have to Be This Way"
- Stanley Engerman, Co-Author of Controversial History of American Slavery, Dies at 87
- Professor Helps Rescue "Lost" Asian American Silent Film
- Canada Day Festivities Spark Controversy over National History
- German Government Panel of Historians Begins Inquiry into 1972 Munich Olympics Killings