Originally published 06/20/2016
George F. Will
It was the establishment that installed Willkie and it was over the objections of conservatives.
Originally published 06/06/2016
What Trump could learn by studying history.
Originally published 02/01/2016
Ronald L. Feinman
What would have happened if Wendell Willkie was elected in 1940.
Originally published 09/01/2015
Only once in American history has a major political party granted its prize to someone whose principal qualification was to have served as a corporate chief executive.
Originally published 08/23/2015
Lewis L. Gould
The crowds in the galleries chanted “We want Willkie,” and the delegates yielded to what seemed an irresistible tide.
- ‘Make it right’: Descendants of slaves demand restitution from Georgetown
- See How Trump's Approval Rating Stacks Up Against Other Presidents After One Year
- Bayeux Tapestry to be displayed in Britain
- From prudish Victorians to arrows in the eye – 10 things from history everyone gets wrong
- State lawmaker files bill to remove Virginia's Robert E. Lee statue from U.S. Capitol
- George Will goes after liberal historian David Goldfield
- Stephen F. Cohen continues to berate Democrats for “demonizing Russia”
- Historian Taner Akçam’s new book includes "smoking gun" of Armenian Genocide
- Historian Antony Beevor “Astonished" At Ukraine Ban On His Best-Selling Book, “Stalingrad”
- Robert Caro says he’s reached 1966 in his next book on LBJ