Originally published 06/20/2016
George F. Will
It was the establishment that installed Willkie and it was over the objections of conservatives.
Originally published 06/06/2016
What Trump could learn by studying history.
Originally published 02/01/2016
Ronald L. Feinman
What would have happened if Wendell Willkie was elected in 1940.
Originally published 09/01/2015
Only once in American history has a major political party granted its prize to someone whose principal qualification was to have served as a corporate chief executive.
Originally published 08/23/2015
Lewis L. Gould
The crowds in the galleries chanted “We want Willkie,” and the delegates yielded to what seemed an irresistible tide.
- Steve Bannon Vows ‘War’ on His Own Party. It Didn’t Work So Well for F.D.R.
- Tom Hanks: 'If you're concerned about what's going on today, read history'
- 9.7-million-year-old teeth discovery in Germany could re-write human history
- Charleston's International African American Museum's big plans
- What’s inside the secret JFK assassination files?
- Presidential historian Michael Beschloss explains the significance of yesterday’s Bush-Obama attack on Trump
- Russian minister keeps doctorate despite plagiarism claims
- Thomas Childers says we’ve got the Nazis wrong in 5 different ways
- National security expert Tom Nichols: “Hey, I’m unstable” is a bad look for the president
- Fake news? It’s nothing new, says Trinity College Dublin historian