SOURCE: The Atlantic
by Adam Serwer
The gravest danger to American democracy isn’t an excess of vitriol—it’s the false promise of civility.
The End of Humanitarian Intervention? A Debate at the Oxford Union With Historian David Gibbs and Michael Chertoff
by David N. Gibbs
Michael Chertoff -- former Secretary of Homeland Security during the presidency of George W. Bush and coauthor of the USA Patriot Act – defended humanitarian intervention; Gibbs argued against the practice.
SOURCE: The Times
by Niall Ferguson
A new red army is out to silence debate. We must rise up and resist it.
SOURCE: The Guardian
by Dawn Foster
Powerful people used to express their views on others unopposed. Now their targets fight back, they find it intolerable.
- What is a caliph? The Islamic State tries to boost its legitimacy by hijacking a historic institution
- Russian Historian Professor, Found With Bag of Severed Arms, Admits He Killed Student
- Navy Submarine, Missing for 75 Years, Is Found Off Okinawa
- The Battle Between NBC and CBS To Be the First To Film a Berlin Wall Tunnel Escape
- Battlefields around the world are finding new purpose as parks and refuges