by Robin Lindley
In his wide-ranging book "American Reckoning: The Vietnam War and Our National Identity," historian Christian Appy explores the complex history of the war.
SOURCE: Amherst Bulletin
Appy, a professor of modern U.S. history at the University of Massachusetts Amherst, argues in his most recent book, "American Reckoning," that the nation has never fully addressed the implications of the Vietnam War.
- Samuel Chase: The one Supreme Court justice who has ever been impeached
- Maryland Commission Sets Out To Investigate State's Lynching History
- How Joe Biden has Historically Played a Role in Mass Incarceration in the United States
- Crazy Horse Monument to Native American History is Built on Controversy
- William F. Buckley Jr. vs. James Baldwin: A racial showdown on the American dream