Originally published 11/11/2015
In his wide-ranging book "American Reckoning: The Vietnam War and Our National Identity," historian Christian Appy explores the complex history of the war.
Originally published 08/13/2015
Appy, a professor of modern U.S. history at the University of Massachusetts Amherst, argues in his most recent book, "American Reckoning," that the nation has never fully addressed the implications of the Vietnam War.
- Secret memo shows bipartisanship during Watergate succession crisis
- The Trump Presidency: Year One
- From presidential nominee to freshman senator? Romney would make history if he runs.
- From King George IV to President Trump, The Fat Men Who’ve Ruled The World
- A historian is helping students register to vote
- Ibram X. Kendi’s NYT op ed drew a strong response
- Andrew Roberts says Trump might even win a second term