John C Calhoun
Originally published 11/20/2015
Students at Yale U. want to rename one of its residential houses, Calhoun College, to avoid honoring John C. Calhoun, a 19th-century proponent of slavery and secession.
Originally published 07/22/2015
Robert N. Rosen
The Calhoun statue itself is a history lesson, and we are in the preservation business in Charleston, not the demolition business.
- In America, there was a time when even 'Thanksgiving' was a fightin' word
- Was Walt Whitman 'gay'?
- Victims of Canada’s ‘Gay Purge’ to Get Apology from Trudeau
- Should Trump Be Impeached? What Founding Father James Madison Gave as Grounds for Impeachment.
- Long Lost Nordic Village Mysteriously Abandoned in the Middle Ages Rediscovered
- Is This Professor ‘Putin’s American Apologist’?
- Vietnam veterans challenge Ken Burns on the accuracy of his epic documentary
- OAH historians say events of the past year show they were right to emphasize freedom as the theme of the 2019 annual convention
- Why being a historian is about so much more than producing displays for museums
- Historian Says Textbooks Have Shaped Our Attitudes On Race