Originally published 08/16/2016
In 2005, a court barred Vanderbilt from removing "Confederate" from the facade of a building, citing the terms of a gift. The university is returning the gift at today's value -- and will now remove the word.
Originally published 10/21/2015
A proposal that would put a bell atop Stone Mountain in Georgia, where a carving of Confederate heroes dominates, has drawn opposition from whites and blacks.
Originally published 07/08/2015
Is it really vandalism when someone throws paint on a Confederate memorial planted on a college campus?
Some historians are suggesting it’s more akin to Historical Guerrilla Warfare.
- Two maps explain the racial history behind Alabama’s senate vote
- Fingerprints of Russian Disinformation: From AIDS to Fake News
- The original Watergate lock that burglars picked open is going to auction
- Trump, Mueller And The Ancient History Of Grants Of Immunity
- Documents show Gorbachev was assured US wouldn't expand NATO into Central and Eastern Europe
- Historians Are Calling Out Trump Online Whenever He Misreads the Past
- Linda Gordon’s new book captures how white supremacy has long been part of our political mainstream
- Yale Civil Rights history course is a "call to action" and a chance "to be woke”
- Gil Troy back’s Trump decision on Jerusalem