Originally published 08/16/2016
In 2005, a court barred Vanderbilt from removing "Confederate" from the facade of a building, citing the terms of a gift. The university is returning the gift at today's value -- and will now remove the word.
Originally published 10/21/2015
A proposal that would put a bell atop Stone Mountain in Georgia, where a carving of Confederate heroes dominates, has drawn opposition from whites and blacks.
Originally published 07/08/2015
Is it really vandalism when someone throws paint on a Confederate memorial planted on a college campus?
Some historians are suggesting it’s more akin to Historical Guerrilla Warfare.
- Asp – or ash? Climate historians link Cleopatra's demise to volcanic eruption
- The JFK Document Dump Could Be a Fiasco Say These Two Scholars
- The book Mattis reads to be prepared for war with North Korea
- Civil War’s legacy hangs over a plaque honoring Confederate soldiers
- Confederate statues still stand in rural Virginia
- Historian Keri Leigh Merritt defends activist scholars
- Historian digs into the hidden world of Mormon finances
- A historian who became a business professor?
- Allan Lichtman's response to critics of his book that makes the case for Trump’s impeachment
- "Do We Have To Fight Nazis Again?” asks historian Paul Ortiz