SOURCE: Washington Post
Columnist Jennifer Rubin argues that Trump's appeal to white suburban homeowners echoes the discriminatory rental practices that built the Trump family real estate business.
SOURCE: New York Times
“[Nixon's campaigns] understood something about race that Trump doesn’t understand,” [Matthew] Lassiter said. “Voters don’t want racial privilege challenged, but they don’t want to be explicitly reminded that racism is underneath their position.”
SOURCE: The American Prospect
by Richard Rothstein
Justice Kennedy’s surprise support for the Fair Housing Act is breathtaking — and saved the law from the demolition intended by Roberts, Alito, Scalia and Thomas.
- It Really Is Time to Get Rid of the Filibuster
- A Tale of Atomic Bombs and Paper Cranes: Harry Truman's Grandson Pursues Reconciliation
- The Real Reason the American Economy Boomed After World War II
- Florence Revives Medieval Plague-Era ‘Wine Windows’ for Contactless Service
- Tulane Canceled a Talk by the Author of an Acclaimed Anti-Racism Book After Students Said the Event Was 'Violent'
- Experiencing War Far From the Battlefield
- Isabel Wilkerson’s World-Historical Theory of Race and Caste
- Queens Powhatan and Pocahontas Democratic Club Considers Name Change
- Eminent Scholar of Early U.S., Bernard Bailyn, Dies at 97
- Manhattan Beach to Present Bruce's Beach History, Community Awaits Historians' Voices