Originally published 10/17/2013
Monica Macías calls herself the daughter of dictators. Two of them: Francisco Macías Nguema of Equatorial Guinea, and Kim Il-sung of North Korea.
Originally published 06/11/2015
There's No There There
Despite the inevitable tension between security and liberty, Snowden and Manning deserve to be pardoned.
- Savannah Approves Changes to Confederate Monument From 1875
- Law Professor Eric Posner Proposes Bringing Back Indentured Servitude
- Public Rates Presidents: Kennedy, Reagan, Obama at Top
- Elizabeth Warren’s striking speech responding to Trump’s “Pocahontas” taunts
- When the next generation looks racially different from the last, political tensions rise
- Was This Technology historian plagiarized? Sure seems like she was.
- Meet the new authorized historian of Britain's communications intelligence agency
- Lerone Bennett Jr., journalist and historian of African American life, dies at 89
- What departments of history are doing about lower enrollments