Vita Sackville West
Originally published 06/09/2015
An intensely secretive nature, and old-fashioned sense of ‘good behavior’ and British laws criminalizing homosexuality, kept the writer and gardener firmly in the closet.
- Robert Dallek: “The fish rots from the head”
- It’s Been 3 Decades Since There Were So Few Jobs for History Ph.D.s
- Former Berkeley Chancellor Nicholas Dirks returns to campus as a member of the history department
- Conservatives attack Garry Wills’s book on the Quran
- The Scholars Behind the Quest for Reparations