Originally published 05/17/2017
As conceived in the post-war period globalism was not the antithesis of nationalism.
Originally published 05/15/2017
The hostile reaction to globalization isn’t confined to the West.
Originally published 03/06/2017
Historians cheered globalism with work about cosmopolitans and border-crossing, but the power of place never went away.
Originally published 05/14/2015
Technology may accelerate movement and compress physical space. But it does not necessarily shrink strategic space, the ability to project power affordably across the earth.
- U.S. Planned for Military Occupation of Cuba
- New picture emerges of Mata Hari, who faced firing squad 100 years ago
- Massive section of Western Wall and Roman theater uncovered after 1,700 years
- Fight over national monuments intensifies
- Martin Luther: Reluctant reformer who rocked Christianity 500 years ago
- Historian Keri Leigh Merritt defends activist scholars
- Historian digs into the hidden world of Mormon finances
- A historian who became a business professor?
- Allan Lichtman's response to critics of his book that makes the case for Trump’s impeachment
- "Do We Have To Fight Nazis Again?” asks historian Paul Ortiz