Originally published 03/20/2017
Richard J. Morris
Both men won the presidency in part through racist rhetoric and actions.
Originally published 01/24/2017
If anything, Trump is more like John C. Calhoun.
Originally published 04/22/2016
Stop clinging to the Founding Fathers: The Andrew Jackson/Hamilton/Tubman debate is really about honest history
Andrew Burstein and Nancy Isenberg
Our candidate for a white guy on our currency would be Albert Gallatin, not Alexander Hamilton.
Originally published 07/06/2015
The Times says Hamilton should remain on the $10 bill.
Originally published 06/23/2015
"A dozen years ago, I fought to keep the faces of our early heroes on our currency. Now I say: Off with their heads!"
Originally published 05/06/2015
Leave Jackson on one side of the $20 bill and put his nemesis, Cherokee leader John Ross, on the other
And that’s just the start. Let’s put Frederick Douglass on the other side of the Lincoln $5 bill.
- Documents: U.S. Embassy Tracked Indonesia Mass Murder 1965
- Tufts Project Maps The Landmarks Of Black Boston
- Asp – or ash? Climate historians link Cleopatra's demise to volcanic eruption
- The JFK Document Dump Could Be a Fiasco Say These Two Scholars
- The book Mattis reads to be prepared for war with North Korea
- Bill Moyers interviews James Whitman about his shocking book
- Cornelia Bailey, Champion of African-Rooted Culture in Coastal Georgia, Dies at 72
- Sexism in the history department at West Point alleged
- A Conversation About American Racism with Ibram X. Kendi
- Digital map helps historians get granular with holocaust research