Originally published 03/20/2017
Richard J. Morris
Both men won the presidency in part through racist rhetoric and actions.
Originally published 01/24/2017
If anything, Trump is more like John C. Calhoun.
Originally published 04/22/2016
Stop clinging to the Founding Fathers: The Andrew Jackson/Hamilton/Tubman debate is really about honest history
Andrew Burstein and Nancy Isenberg
Our candidate for a white guy on our currency would be Albert Gallatin, not Alexander Hamilton.
Originally published 07/06/2015
The Times says Hamilton should remain on the $10 bill.
Originally published 06/23/2015
"A dozen years ago, I fought to keep the faces of our early heroes on our currency. Now I say: Off with their heads!"
Originally published 05/06/2015
Leave Jackson on one side of the $20 bill and put his nemesis, Cherokee leader John Ross, on the other
And that’s just the start. Let’s put Frederick Douglass on the other side of the Lincoln $5 bill.
- Trump, Mueller And The Ancient History Of Grants Of Immunity
- Documents show Gorbachev was assured US wouldn't expand NATO into Central and Eastern Europe
- Memorial to honor 4,000 victims of lynching to be built in Montgomery, Alabama
- Study: Inequality is a phenomenon of the past 10,000 years
- From 200 Years Ago, a Lesson About Mass Killings
- College Board revises AP European history test in response to criticism by conservatives
- AHA says it’s feasible to stop the proposed tax on grad student tuition waivers
- Rashid Khalidi opposes Trump decision on Jerusalem
- Daniel Pipes backs Trump decision on Jerusalem
- The Penn TA who said she calls on black women first won’t be teaching next semester