SOURCE: The Conversation
Venezuela Failed Raid: US Has a History of Using Mercenaries to Undermine Other Regimes
by Andrew Thomson
The arrest of Silvercorp mercenaries in Venezuela echoes a long history of the U.S. government supporting private troops to overthrow foreign governments.
SOURCE: North American Congress on Latin America (NACLA)
A History of Inconvenient Allies and Convenient Enemies
by Alexander Aviña
The history of American alliances abroad doesn't make sense as a drug control strategy, but is consistent with a strategy of invoking the war on drugs to punish governments that resist U.S. domination.
Venezuela and the Birth of the American Empire
by Benjamin Welton
Why is a nearly 200-year old document still relevant today?
Will the U.S. Government Abide by the International Law It Created in Venezuela?
by Lawrence Wittner
And how the U.S. government has violated these principles of international law in the past.
Don’t Invade Venezuela
by Alan McPherson
Contrary to what most believe, a military intervention in South America would be unprecedented
Why Elliott Abrams is the Right Man for the Job in Venezuela
by Teresa Meade
His career stretches back through some of the most sordid instances of US intervention and brutality.
SOURCE: CBS News
U.S. Envoy to Venezuela Elliott Abrams says his history with Iran-Contra isn't an issue
"We are not focused on the events of the 1980s. We are focused on the events of 2019."
Venezuela’s Tyranny of Bad Ideas
by Daniel Pipes
Socialism was a proven failure, but Hugo Chávez got his countrymen to try it.
Reasons Trump Might Want to Offer to Help Venezuela
by Michelle Mayhew-Shears
It would be in the long-term interest of the United States.
Just Why Did Nixon Go to Venezuela in 1958 Anyway?
by Manny Chavez
It was obvious to our embassy that disaster loomed.
- Chair of Florida Charter School Board on Firing of Principal: About Policy, Not David Statue
- Graduate Student Strikes Fight Back Against Decades of Austerity, Seek to Revive Opportunity
- When Right Wingers Struggle with Defining "Woke" it Shows they Oppose Pursuing Equality
- Strangelove on the Square: Secret USAF Films Showed Airmen What to Expect if Nuclear War Broke Out
- The Women of the Montgomery Bus Boycott
- New Books Force Consideration of Reconstruction's End from Black Perspective
- Excerpt: How Apartheid South Africa Tried to Create a Libertarian Utopia
- Historian's Book on 1970s NBA Shows Racial Politics around Basketball Have Always Been Ugly
- Kendi: "Anti-woke" Part of Backlash Against Antiracist Protest Movements
- Monica Muñoz Martinez Honored for Truth-Telling in Texas History