John Oliver Dunked on Joy Behar over George Washington's Slaveowning, but Didn't Do the Reading Himself
by Erik Curren
In a rush to dunk on Joy Behar for being clueless about George Washington's practices as a slaveowner, John Oliver flattened the story himself; reading Mary V. Thompson's book would help everyone speak with more authority.
Confederate symbols are still celebrated despite the ugly history they symbolize.
SOURCE: The Washington Post
John Oliver shares some of his favorite completely made-up history facts.
SOURCE: Last Week Tonight with John Oliver
by John Oliver
A set of Supreme Court decisions made over 100 years ago has left U.S. territories without meaningful representation.
- How the Welfare State Became the Neoliberal Order (Review)
- Ibram X. Kendi: 100 Most Influential of 2020
- Allegations of Racism have Marked Trump’s Presidency and Become Key Issue as Election Nears
- Capitalism Isn't Working Anymore. Here's How The Pandemic Could Change It Forever
- How the Black Vote Became a Monolith