Originally published 08/01/2017
Different administrations tell very different stories about the past and the present.
Originally published 04/13/2017
Like the Norse, the Trump administration is showing indifference to long-term interests.
Originally published 02/02/2017
In this exclusive web essay, Bill Moyers takes on President Trump’s choice to lead the Environmental Protection Agency: Oklahoma Attorney General Scott Pruitt.
Originally published 07/08/2015
Historian Brian Allen Drake says Barry Goldwater, whatever his other policies, was an enthusiastic environmentalist
In an interview he notes that Goldwater even supported the establishment of the EPA.
Originally published 03/06/2015
Carol Van Strum
The EPA, created with much fanfare by Richard Nixon in 1970, was an agency crippled at birth by inadequate funding, political hypocrisy, and laws protecting industry profits above all.
- Did Squanto meet Pocahontas in London?
- Thanksgiving: Early Colonists Ate Turkey... But Also Horses, Rats And Snakes, Archaeologists Say
- Sources: McMaster Mocked Trump’s Intelligence at a Private Dinner
- The JFK assassination files lead back to Seattle
- Princeton investigates its connection to slavery at a two-day symposium
- OAH historians say events of the past year show they were right to emphasize freedom as the theme of the 2019 annual convention
- Why being a historian is about so much more than producing displays for museums
- Historian Says Textbooks Have Shaped Our Attitudes On Race
- Heather Ann Thompson says what went on at Attica is worse than we thought
- Princeton’s Jan T. Gross warns that Poland’s showing signs of turning decisively in a fascist direction