Originally published 04/09/2015
Harvard’s Sven Beckert says he wasn’t allowed in Egypt’s archives when writing his history of cotton
He was stuck in the waiting room for 10 days but was never allowed in.
Originally published 02/17/2015
“I see a great contemporary urgency to think about capitalism, because capitalism basically structures all of our lives today."
- Debunking Viral Story, Art Historian Says ‘Allah’ Does Not Appear on Ancient Viking Garment
- Will Trump Be Remembered as the Worst President in History? Almost Half Think So
- Thank This Man For Your Last-Minute Halloween Costume
- Letters from young Obama show a man trying to find his way
- Fake news? It’s nothing new, says Trinity College Dublin historian
- Historian discovers early Reformation writings “hiding in plain sight”
- Victor Davis Hanson says we shouldn’t be rushing to war with North Korea
- Bill Moyers interviews James Whitman about his shocking book
- Cornelia Bailey, Champion of African-Rooted Culture in Coastal Georgia, Dies at 72