Originally published 04/01/2015
In his likely candidacy for the Republican presidential nomination, Gov. Walker of Wisconsin faces a different sort of constitutional challenge: overcoming his aversion to man’s best friend.
Originally published 03/06/2015
Elizabeth Tandy Shermer
“Right to work” sounds benign, if not all-American. It is in fact malignant, not just for organized labor, but also a state’s economic health.
Originally published 02/03/2015
Likely Republican presidential candidate, Wisconsin governor Scott Walker, says he might favor sending US ground troops to mount a conventional war against Daesh (ISIL or ISIS) in Syria or at least wouldn’t rule it out. Really?
Originally published 01/26/2015
Ronald Radosh and Allis Radosh
A historical precedent suggests the possibility. Remember Warren Harding?
Originally published 11/05/2013
A landmark study emphasizes continuity, not change, since 1970.
Originally published 12/07/2016
Everyone appears to be worried that soon-to-be President Trump will make some gigantic blunder, putting us all at risk. More likely is that the Republican Congress and the Republican President will pass hundreds of less notable acts which together will make the rich richer, the powerful more powerful, and the rest of us less able to control our lives.
- Fake News and Fervent Nationalism Got a Senator Tarred as a Traitor During WWI
- Debunking Viral Story, Art Historian Says ‘Allah’ Does Not Appear on Ancient Viking Garment
- Will Trump Be Remembered as the Worst President in History? Almost Half Think So
- Thank This Man For Your Last-Minute Halloween Costume
- Letters from young Obama show a man trying to find his way
- Thomas Childers says we’ve got the Nazis wrong in 5 different ways
- National security expert Tom Nichols: “Hey, I’m unstable” is a bad look for the president
- Fake news? It’s nothing new, says Trinity College Dublin historian
- Historian discovers early Reformation writings “hiding in plain sight”
- Victor Davis Hanson says we shouldn’t be rushing to war with North Korea