Originally published 01/06/2017
Stanley Fish versus historians.
Originally published 06/12/2015
"Welcome to my world. I’m a history major drowning in a sea of subjectivity."
Originally published 01/24/2015
Hindsight is supposed to give us 20:20 vision but scientists have found it distorts our memories and there is not much we can do about it.
Originally published 12/30/2014
Lawrence S. Wittner
The questions suggest conservatives say one thing but do another.
- What Robert E. Lee Wrote to The Times About Slavery in 1858
- ICC orders Mali extremist to pay $3.2 million in reparations
- Political Rage Over Statues? Old News in the Old World
- Deadly U.S. Embassy Bombing in Kenya Was ‘Avoidable,’ According to Scorching New Memoir
- There are certain moments in US history when Confederate monuments go up
- Eric Foner says in an interview that it’s not necessary to remove Confederate statues
- Philip Zelikow says the government should crack down on armed groups of militants
- Conservatives complain that a "Pro-gay U.S. embassy features ‘art’ by anti-Trump professor”
- N. D. B. Connolly says Charlottesville showed that liberalism can’t defeat white supremacy
- Historian William I. Hitchcock schools policymakers: Ike never threatened to use nukes in North Korea