Originally published 01/06/2017
Stanley Fish versus historians.
Originally published 06/12/2015
"Welcome to my world. I’m a history major drowning in a sea of subjectivity."
Originally published 01/24/2015
Hindsight is supposed to give us 20:20 vision but scientists have found it distorts our memories and there is not much we can do about it.
Originally published 12/30/2014
Lawrence S. Wittner
The questions suggest conservatives say one thing but do another.
- Historian Daniel K. Williams says Democrats have a religion problem
- Bill O’Reilly – America’s best-selling “historian” – ridiculed in Harper’s for writing bad history
- Largest history festival is the UK criticized for being white and male
- Eric Foner doesn’t think much of a book that claims Lincoln moved slowly to emancipate blacks because he was a racist
- Harvard's Moshik Temkin pens op ed in the NYT warning historians not to use analogies