SOURCE: Boston Review
by Micki McElya
Positive Psychology, a supposed science of producing happiness, is part of a multibillion-dollar publishing market. Unfortunately, it's helped enshrine patriarchal values into the popular practice of psychology.
SOURCE: North American Chapter of the History of Emotion
They're now organizing conferences.
SOURCE: Chronicle of Higher Ed
by Lisa Feldman Barrett
The classical view of emotion is simple and intuitive, and wrong.
by Ed Simon
To understand the Trump phenomenon we need to reframe politics. Nietzsche helps.
by Peter Stearns
Historians have to catch up with social scientists.
- Josh Hawley Earns F in Early American History
- Does Germany's Holocaust Education Give Cover to Nativism?
- "Car Brain" Has Long Normalized Carnage on the Roads
- Hawley's Use of Fake Patrick Henry Quote a Revealing Error
- Health Researchers Show Segregation 100 Years Ago Harmed Black Health, and Effects Continue Today
- Nelson Lichtenstein on a Half Century of Labor History
- Can America Handle a 250th Anniversary?
- New Research Shows British Industrialization Drew Ironworking Methods from Colonized and Enslaved Jamaicans
- The American Revolution Remains a Hotly Contested Symbolic Field
- Untangling Fact and Fiction in the Story of a Nazi-Era Brothel