Originally published 05/13/2015
The Conservatives in Japan Who Are Refusing to Acknowledge the Crimes of World War II Think They’re Helping Their Country. They Are Sabotaging It.
The Japanese conservative position on war responsibility is pushing China and Russia together, and it’s inadvertently reinvigorating Cold War divisions in Asia.
Originally published 03/17/2015
A grand, and massively unequal, struggle over the future of Japan is underway. It’s Okinawa’s protesters against the weight of Abe’s government.
Originally published 12/09/2014
Few dare to challenge or oppose his radical program.
- Polish prime minister seeks dialogue with Israel on 'difficult history'
- Writer Makes the Case for Impeaching Clarence Thomas
- Finding a Lock of George Washington’s Hair, and a Link to American History
- How Does Trump Stack Up Against the Best — and Worst — Presidents?
- Russia Isn’t the Only One Meddling in Elections. We Do It, Too.
- Dartmouth’s Randall Balmer: Under Trump, America's religious right is rewriting its code of ethics
- Was This Technology historian plagiarized? Sure seems like she was.
- Meet the new authorized historian of Britain's communications intelligence agency
- Lerone Bennett Jr., journalist and historian of African American life, dies at 89