Originally published 05/19/2015
Many of the ways present-day sex traffickers do business would look familiar to slave traders supplying “fancy maids” -- females sold for sexual exploitation -- to buyers in the South.
Originally published 11/23/2014
Jessica R. Pliley
It's an old tradition in America, going back to the Mann Act (1910).
- Trump, Mueller And The Ancient History Of Grants Of Immunity
- Documents show Gorbachev was assured US wouldn't expand NATO into Central and Eastern Europe
- Memorial to honor 4,000 victims of lynching to be built in Montgomery, Alabama
- Study: Inequality is a phenomenon of the past 10,000 years
- From 200 Years Ago, a Lesson About Mass Killings
- College Board revises AP European history test in response to criticism by conservatives
- AHA says it’s feasible to stop the proposed tax on grad student tuition waivers
- Rashid Khalidi opposes Trump decision on Jerusalem
- Daniel Pipes backs Trump decision on Jerusalem
- The Penn TA who said she calls on black women first won’t be teaching next semester