by Kyle Longley
“We have only two weeks, maybe only 10 days before the gun lobby gets organized.”
by Jerald Podair
He gave it 50 years ago after hearing that MLK had been assassinated.
by Walter G. Moss
We sorely need to be reminded of what they stood for.
Was Robert Kennedy Really the Dove He and Arthur Schlesinger Jr. Made Him Out to Be During the Cuban Missile Crisis? (Part 2)
by Sheldon M. Stern
That’s not what the audio tapes show, says Sheldon Stern, in Part 2 of his series, “Capturing History as it Really Happened in October 1962.”
by Jeff Roquen
Imagine how different the world might be if Robert Kennedy and Martin Luther King had lived.
- When Jim Crow Reigned Amid the Rubble of Nazi Germany
- Why Suburban American Homeowners Were Accused of Being a 'Profit-Making Cartel' in the 1970s
- Animals large and small once covered North America’s prairies – and in some places, they could again
- Library of Congress acquires major archive of African American photographer Shawn Walker
- A farm boy became a fearsome warrior at Iwo Jima. And he did it with a flamethrower.
- Trump and the Christians: Evangelical historian John Fea on decoding the great paradox
- Six historians weigh in on the biggest misconceptions about black history
- Renowned presidential historian Doris Kearns Goodwin finally takes on George Washington
- Legal Historian Jed Shugerman Says William Barr's Actions Are "Remarkably Not Normal"
- Historian Ruth Ben-Ghiat Quoted in Washington Post Article on Trump's Quest to Rewrite History