by Michael Goodyear
It wasn’t Europe that gave us our idea of the Byzantines. They crafted their own Western European image.
SOURCE: The Conversation
by Theodore Christou
Russian President Vladimir Putin has been described as a Byzantine Emperor in style, positioning Russia as the “third Rome.”
SOURCE: New Historian
37 shipwrecks from the Byzantine Empire have been discovered as part of archaeological excavations that began in Turkey in 2004.
SOURCE: Hurriyet Daily News
Officials of the Istanbul Archaeology Museum sent two archaeologists to the construction site to examine the entrance of the cistern and work was halted.
- Historian Heidi Tworek Interviewed on the History Behind Coronavirus Racism
- Gordon Wood Reviews Mary Beth Norton's ‘1774’ for the Wall Street Journal
- Black Perspectives Reviews Black Banking and Women Financial Power Brokers
- A lost history, recovered: Faded records tell the story of school segregation in Virginia
- H.R. McMaster book `Battlegrounds’ coming out in April