Battle Cry of Freedom
Originally published 11/13/2014
This panel will bring together historians from all sides to critique McPherson’s work and discuss new trends and changes in Civil War scholarship.
- Robert Dallek: “The fish rots from the head”
- It’s Been 3 Decades Since There Were So Few Jobs for History Ph.D.s
- Former Berkeley Chancellor Nicholas Dirks returns to campus as a member of the history department
- Conservatives attack Garry Wills’s book on the Quran
- The Scholars Behind the Quest for Reparations