Originally published 04/20/2015
That’s the fascinating approach a medieval French town used to save itself when it was under siege.
Originally published 03/09/2015
A US bombing raid on Iran would essentially be a rescue of ISIL in Iraq.
Originally published 10/30/2014
Historians Against the War joins peace activists in pressing Congress to support a diplomatic solution to conflict with Iran over nukes
Historians Against the War was among 38 organizations signing-on to a letter to Congress, opposing efforts by some members of Congress to effectively sabotage peaceful negotiations over Iran's nuclear program.
- Fake News and Fervent Nationalism Got a Senator Tarred as a Traitor During WWI
- Debunking Viral Story, Art Historian Says ‘Allah’ Does Not Appear on Ancient Viking Garment
- Will Trump Be Remembered as the Worst President in History? Almost Half Think So
- Thank This Man For Your Last-Minute Halloween Costume
- Letters from young Obama show a man trying to find his way
- Thomas Childers says we’ve got the Nazis wrong in 5 different ways
- National security expert Tom Nichols: “Hey, I’m unstable” is a bad look for the president
- Fake news? It’s nothing new, says Trinity College Dublin historian
- Historian discovers early Reformation writings “hiding in plain sight”
- Victor Davis Hanson says we shouldn’t be rushing to war with North Korea