Originally published 08/09/2017
In the age of Trump, the Agnew case, with its history of lies, greed, kickbacks, and the self-regard of its central actor, might seem the better predictor of what could come next.
Originally published 05/12/2015
Charles Holden, Zach Messitte, Jerald Podair
His reaction to the unfolding situation helped make him a household name and led to a reshaping of American electoral politics.
Originally published 10/29/2014
Charles J. Holden and Zach Messitte
The clever "Gray-Haired Grandmother Defense" argued that Mr. Cohen's notes on the Agnew investigation were actually the property of Graham, as his employer, and not the reporter.
- The Daily Mail is highlighting claims by a Cambridge don that teachers are helping to foster resentment by presenting history as the struggle of minority groups
- Historians Are Calling Out Trump Online Whenever He Misreads the Past
- Linda Gordon’s new book captures how white supremacy has long been part of our political mainstream
- Yale Civil Rights history course is a "call to action" and a chance "to be woke”
- Gil Troy back’s Trump decision on Jerusalem