Originally published 08/09/2017
In the age of Trump, the Agnew case, with its history of lies, greed, kickbacks, and the self-regard of its central actor, might seem the better predictor of what could come next.
Originally published 05/12/2015
Charles Holden, Zach Messitte, Jerald Podair
His reaction to the unfolding situation helped make him a household name and led to a reshaping of American electoral politics.
Originally published 10/29/2014
Charles J. Holden and Zach Messitte
The clever "Gray-Haired Grandmother Defense" argued that Mr. Cohen's notes on the Agnew investigation were actually the property of Graham, as his employer, and not the reporter.
- Fake News and Fervent Nationalism Got a Senator Tarred as a Traitor During WWI
- Debunking Viral Story, Art Historian Says ‘Allah’ Does Not Appear on Ancient Viking Garment
- Will Trump Be Remembered as the Worst President in History? Almost Half Think So
- Thank This Man For Your Last-Minute Halloween Costume
- Letters from young Obama show a man trying to find his way
- Thomas Childers says we’ve got the Nazis wrong in 5 different ways
- National security expert Tom Nichols: “Hey, I’m unstable” is a bad look for the president
- Fake news? It’s nothing new, says Trinity College Dublin historian
- Historian discovers early Reformation writings “hiding in plain sight”
- Victor Davis Hanson says we shouldn’t be rushing to war with North Korea