SOURCE: The Hill
The Trump administration is pressuring the University of North Carolina and Duke University to revise their joint Middle East studies program or risk federal funding.
“[W]e believe that the College took this action to block broader understanding of the recent scandals in UNC’s major intercollegiate athletic programs."
SOURCE: The Charlotte Observer
by Glenda Gilmore
She won’t address her previous animosity toward gays.
SOURCE: The Chronicle of Higher Education
As the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill grapples with striking a balance between history and sensitivity to students, similar debates are roiling universities across the country, particularly in the South.
Julius Nyang’oro was the professor of record for many of the fake classes.
- New Statue Unsettles Italian City: Is It Celebrating a Poet or a Nationalist?
- A Charter School Gets Canceled for Wanting to Teach Indigenous History
- The 1969 Documentary That Tried to Humanize Queen Elizabeth II and The Royal Family
- The 96-Year-History of the Equal Rights Amendment
- The Amazon Rainforest under Threat
- An interview with historian James Oakes on the New York Times’ 1619 Project
- Historian Jeffrey Engel Takes Listener Questions On Impeachment Inquiry on NPR's All Things Considered
- 5 Historians on What Was Truly Unprecedented in This Week’s Impeachment Hearings
- Teaching impeaching: History comes to life in school as teachers seize on this historic moment. Here’s what some are doing — and how.
- Smithsonian Elevates the Frequently Ignored Histories of Women