Originally published 11/12/2014
More than fifty years after the pill first came to market, its promise of access and equality remains unfulfilled for millions of other women.
Originally published 10/14/2014
In the '50s, selling contraception was still officially illegal in many states.
Originally published 10/06/2014
The pill is now so common—four out of five sexually active women have used it—that it’s easy to forget that oral contraception was once the stuff of fantasy.
- Robert Dallek: “The fish rots from the head”
- It’s Been 3 Decades Since There Were So Few Jobs for History Ph.D.s
- Former Berkeley Chancellor Nicholas Dirks returns to campus as a member of the history department
- Conservatives attack Garry Wills’s book on the Quran
- The Scholars Behind the Quest for Reparations