Originally published 08/05/2015
Forty years ago, the Senate supported school busing—until a 32-year-old changed his mind.
Originally published 10/05/2014
High-level White House debates over Iraq and Syria are coming to light as top officials air their differences.
Originally published 10/08/2013
Seventy years ago this month, an extraordinary mass escape happened from Nazi-occupied Denmark.
- Before the Bus, Rosa Parks Was a Sexual Assault Investigator
- Egypt discovers 3,500-year-old tombs in ancient city of Luxor
- Abolition Day Kicks Off Year-Long Campaign to Commemorate Frederick Douglass in North Carolina
- Memoirs of an Emperor: Hirohito’s Account of World War II Sells for $275,000
- What Happened to the American Boomtown?
- Black South African scholars urged to correct white historians’ distortion
- At Columbia, Three Women, 30 Years and a Pattern of Harassment
- Pakistani Historian Mobarak Haidar says Muslims “have no religious basis to rule Jerusalem”
- AHA Announces Last-Minute Sessions Timed to News Events