SOURCE: Huffington Post
When Kellie Jones Wanted To Study Black Art History, The Field Didn’t Exist. So She Created It Herself.
Meet the historian who just won a MacArthur genius award.
SOURCE: The MacArthur Foundation
Rustow is a professor in the Department of Near Eastern Studies and Department of History at Princeton University.
by Ethan Feinstein
"I am especially interested in pre-modern history because you are studying a culture that in some fundamental ways is different from your own."
- The Titanic Wreck Will Now Be Protected Under a 'Momentous Agreement' With the U.S.
- Arrested for having sex with men, this gay civil rights leader could finally be pardoned in California
- Ancient aboriginal aquaculture system older than Stonehenge uncovered by Australia wildfires
- How the Government Came to Decide the Color of Your Food
- In 1851, a Maryland Farmer Tried to Kidnap Free Blacks in Pennsylvania. He Wasn’t Expecting the Neighborhood to Fight Back
- The Way We Write History Has Changed
- Rethinking How We Train Historians
- Building a digital archive for decaying paper documents, preserving centuries of records about enslaved people
- The Radical Lives of Abolitionists
- National Security Archive Releases USCYBERCOM documents which shed new light on the campaign to counter ISIS in cyberspace