SOURCE: Washington Post
As has happened fairly regularly during the Trump administration, historians on Twitter expressed their displeasure after Trump praised Gone with the Wind.
SOURCE: Entertainment Weekly
by Chris Nashawaty
It took three years, cost a princely sum and threatened to go off the rails more times than David O. Selznick cared to count. But against all odds, Gone With The Wind stayed the course–and turned out to be an epic for the ages.
by Bruce Chadwick
No film about the South ever caught the feelings of the southern people like Gone with the Wind.
SOURCE: The Root
by E.R. Shipp
On this 75th anniversary of the film, a historical look at how the black press covered its premiere and the film’s depiction of slavery and black citizens.
SOURCE: The Kansas City Star
As its 75th anniversary approaches, even the film’s distributor acknowledges the Civil War epic’s portrayal of slavery is dated and inaccurate.
- Why Does the U.S. Military Celebrate White Supremacy?
- Is This the End of Hong Kong?
- 'Good Bloodlines!' Trump Praises Henry Ford, Motor Pioneer whose Antisemitism was Admired by Hitler
- The Woman Behind Roe V. Wade Got Paid To Embrace Antiabortion Movement, New Documentary Reveals
- Exclusive First Look at New Photograph of Blues Legend Robert Johnson