Originally published 01/11/2017
“We should be proud to make a strong statement that Americans value women, champion equality and honor the significant contributions of women throughout our history.”
Originally published 12/08/2016
National Women's History Museum Receives Grant to Rebuild Website with Advanced Content Capabilities
The NWHM announced today it will receive a $370,000 grant from the PwC Charitable Foundation, Inc. in support of the Museum's efforts to develop advanced content capabilities for 21st century interactive learning modules, revamped curricula lessons and online exhibits and to optimize the content for mobile.
Originally published 12/02/2016
The two main proponents of the bipartisan push, which has been going on for years, both have ties to the real estate mogul.
Originally published 06/16/2015
Thomas A. Foster
While all museums should meet the challenge of gender inclusivity, construction of a National Museum of Women's History is necessary to correct the long-standing gender imbalance in our national narrative.
Originally published 09/29/2014
“How to Build a Women’s History Museum?” The answer, as the National Women’s History Museum can tell you, is more complicated than it would first appear.
Originally published 09/25/2014
"Until we recognize the many achievements and contributions of women to our nation’s history, gender will continue to be a key factor not only in career choices but in how women feel about themselves, how men perceive them and so much more."
- The Most Controversial Psych Study Is Repeated — Same Weird Result
- A new book explores the stunning revelation that Hemingway spied for the USSR
- A President’s Restless Corpse May Be on the Move Again in Tennessee
- How China and the U.S. might collide — or not
- Major Viking Age Archaeological Find Discovered in Denmark
- The New York Times celebrates biographer Richard Holmes
- Historians are in demand! (On cruise ships)
- Douglas Brinkley says there’s a "smell of treason in the air"
- Mary Maples Dunn, Advocate of Women’s Colleges and President of Smith, Dies at 85
- Gil Troy says Jews and Israelis are the victims of a “Hate Swarm”