Originally published 01/11/2017
“We should be proud to make a strong statement that Americans value women, champion equality and honor the significant contributions of women throughout our history.”
Originally published 12/08/2016
National Women's History Museum Receives Grant to Rebuild Website with Advanced Content Capabilities
The NWHM announced today it will receive a $370,000 grant from the PwC Charitable Foundation, Inc. in support of the Museum's efforts to develop advanced content capabilities for 21st century interactive learning modules, revamped curricula lessons and online exhibits and to optimize the content for mobile.
Originally published 12/02/2016
The two main proponents of the bipartisan push, which has been going on for years, both have ties to the real estate mogul.
Originally published 06/16/2015
Thomas A. Foster
While all museums should meet the challenge of gender inclusivity, construction of a National Museum of Women's History is necessary to correct the long-standing gender imbalance in our national narrative.
Originally published 09/29/2014
“How to Build a Women’s History Museum?” The answer, as the National Women’s History Museum can tell you, is more complicated than it would first appear.
Originally published 09/25/2014
"Until we recognize the many achievements and contributions of women to our nation’s history, gender will continue to be a key factor not only in career choices but in how women feel about themselves, how men perceive them and so much more."
- How the ‘guerrilla archivists’ saved history – and are doing it again under Trump
- Trump visits the National Museum of African American History and Culture
- New Book Says Bob Woodward Burned Hillary Clinton’s Ghostwriter
- For decades they hid Jefferson’s relationship with her. Now Monticello is making room for Sally Hemings.
- In a Walt Whitman Novel, Lost for 165 Years, Clues to ‘Leaves of Grass’
- Historian and Antiwar Activist Marilyn Young Dies at 79
- Trump Chooses Historian H.R. McMaster as National Security Adviser
- Holocaust Historian Deborah Lipstadt Explains Why People Believe Trump's Lies
- Princeton’s Harold James warns World War Three is now a "serious threat”
- Israeli schools' history lessons create good soldiers, says pundit