History News Service
Originally published 02/27/2013
John C. Calhoun in 1849. Daguerreotype by Mathew Brady.
Originally published 01/23/2013
Lawrence A. Peskin
Image via Shutterstock.The State Department is probably very pleased with the outcome of last week's hostage crisis in Algeria, although given the loss of innocent lives it would be impolitic for them to say so.
- Historians plead with Trump not to block the release of final stash of JFK assassination documents
- Historian and Novelist Thomas Fleming Has Passed Away at Age 90
- Steven Salaita, Whose Revoked Job Offer Inflamed Higher Ed, Says He’s Leaving Academe
- When did higher education become partisan?
- One reason H.R. McMaster and Trump don't have a close relationship