Originally published 08/27/2016
In Alabama, Bryan Stevenson is saving inmates from execution and memorializing the darkest episodes of America’s past.
Originally published 10/01/2015
George Stinney was one of the 4% of executed people who are completely innocent. His crime was being black in the forties. He was 14.
Originally published 09/02/2014
We have spent two centuries trying to put people to death without putting them in discomfort. And it hasn't worked.
- Robert Dallek: “The fish rots from the head”
- It’s Been 3 Decades Since There Were So Few Jobs for History Ph.D.s
- Former Berkeley Chancellor Nicholas Dirks returns to campus as a member of the history department
- Conservatives attack Garry Wills’s book on the Quran
- The Scholars Behind the Quest for Reparations