Originally published 12/08/2014
Daina Ramey Berry and Jennifer L. Morgan
The historical value of black life and the casual killing of Eric Garner.
Originally published 10/03/2013
Charter schools are a very bad idea, but billionaires love 'em.
Originally published 08/19/2014
Mark Byrnes's Facing Backwards
The eagerness on the part of some people to embrace a narrative that suggests that Michael Brown "deserved it," before the facts are established, has a long and ugly history--and that fact may be far more significant and troubling than what happened that day in Ferguson.
- What happened when a teacher assigned a book on "comfort women" shocked her
- Robert Dallek says Trump isn’t qualified to be president
- Oxford backs historian after he’s criticized for saying guilt around British colonialism may have gone too far
- From Two Scholars, African-American Folk Tales for the Next Generation
- Karen L. Cox says historians shouldn’t be afraid to embrace YouTube to reach millennials