Originally published 07/07/2015
He wasn't forced into war. He wasn't a peace-loving scientist. He knew about the Rape of Nanking -- and more.
Originally published 09/09/2014
Hirohito warned against a “reckless war” that would make him feel “deeply sorry for my imperial ancestors.”
Originally published 08/12/2014
Hirohito's descendants remain committed to Japan's traditional values, which desperately need reform.
- Barbara and Karen Fields discuss their new book, "Racecraft"
- What’s Antifa all about? Mark Bray explains.
- Historian Keisha N. Blain tells the story of black nationalist women in her new book
- War or Peace for North Korea: A call for Action by Historians for Peace and Democracy
- George Will goes after liberal historian David Goldfield